If you’re like us, you remember Sunday roasts as big family affairs with fluffy potatoes, buttery biscuits, and the star of the show: the roast. Why just enjoy the richness of this meal one day of the week? Our favorite chuck roast recipe is easy, delicious, and rivals grandma’s.
Just another chuck roast recipe?
Call it chuck roast or pot roast, but either way, you’re in for a crowd-pleasing delicious meal. The “chuck” is cut from the animal’s front shoulder, which gives the beef incredible flavor but not a lot of fat. Because of this, the recommended cooking method is low and slow, allowing the beef to become tender and juicy. We know you probably have a chuck roast recipe or two up your sleeve, but trust us when we say this simple beaut will soon become your go-to.
Oreganic’s Slow Cooked Balsamic Chuck Roast
This recipe requires all-day in the crockpot for maximum flavor and minimum fuss.
- 3 pounds organic boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup beef bone broth (we love this one)
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup (can substitute with honey, molasses, or coconut syrup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Add the chuck roast directly into a crockpot.
- In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients. Pour this slowly over the roast.
- Cook for 8 hours on Low.
- Once cooked, carefully remove roast into a serving tray and pour over the remaining sauce. Drizzle with reduced balsamic glaze and serve with sides of your choice (we recommend garlic potatoes and steamed green beans).
The secret to our chuck roast recipe? Oreganic’s 100% grass-fed and finished beef.
Every incredible recipe (even the simplest ones) starts with top-tier ingredients. At Oreganic, our beef is 100% grass-fed and finished and USDA certified organic. The resulting beef has more flavor and is better for you. Shop now and bon appétit!