USDA Certified Organic Bone-In Box
Our USDA certified organic bone-in box consists of 4 bone-in New York steaks and 4 T-Bone steaks. Weighing over two pounds each, the T-bones are plenty large to share between two people! As always, each steak will be dry-aged for a minimum of 30 days. Oreganic Beef Co. proudly sources all of our beef from our family ranch (Rocker 3 Ranch) located in Madras, Oregon.
- Included in this box:
- Bone-in NY Steak (20+oz) – (x 4)
- T-bone Steak (2.0+lbs) – (x 4)
There’s no real secret to cooking our beef, however it is important to know that the American Grassfed Association says this: “Grass-fed beef cooks about 30 percent faster than grain fed beef. Use a thermometer to test for doneness and watch the temperature carefully. You can go from perfectly cooked to overdone in less than a minute. The meat will continue to cook after you remove it from the heat, so when it reaches a temperature ten degrees LOWER than the desired temperature, it’s done.”
|Steak Doneness||Remove from grill temp.||Final cooked temp.|
|Rare||125ºF||130ºF – 135ºF|
|Medium-rare||130ºF||135ºF – 140ºF|
100% grass-fed and finished beef is a red meat that is considered one of the best protein foods around. According to a study at California State University’s College of Agriculture, 100% grass-fed and finished beef nutrition includes significantly more omega-3 fatty acids and more conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) than grain-fed beef. It’s also higher in precursors for vitamin A and E and cancer-fighting antioxidants compared to grain-fed beef. (1)
If you haven’t heard of CLA yet, it’s a powerful polyunsaturated fatty acid we must obtain from our diets (such as a Paleo or ketogenic diet) that’s been shown to help fight cancer, discourage weight gain and build muscle. High-quality grass-fed beef from healthy, grass-fed cows is the top source of CLA. (1)
There are actually 16 different types of CLA, each providing a unique and highly important health benefit. CLA has been shown in numerous animal studies since 1994 to promote health and fight disease. From cancer fighting to weight loss, CLA is being touted worldwide as a “must have” in your diet for optimal health today and into tomorrow. Conjugated linoleic acids have been studied for their ability to prevent and treat cancer as well as obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. (3)
CLA sources have proved their ability as cancer-fighting foods in multiple animal studies. As a study published in the journal of Cancer pointed out, CLA is unique in the fact that it comes from animal source since the majority of natural, anticancer substances are of plant origin. (2)
In 2000, a Finnish study published in the journal Nutrition and Cancer demonstrated that there may also be anticarcinogenic effects of CLA for humans. In this study, women who had the highest levels of CLA in their diets had a lower risk of breast cancer than those with the lowest levels of CLA. Conjugated Linoleic Acid’s anticarcinogenic effects are still being observed, but the early results are very promising. (5)
While CLA is certainly one of the highlights of 100% grass-fed and finished beef, the list definitely doesn’t stop there. 100% grass-fed and finished beef has many heart health benefits. Some of those benefits are:
• Anywhere from 1/3 to ½ the amount of overall fat and unhealthy fats than grain-fed beef.
• 20-40% lower levels of dietary cholesterol than grain-fed beef.
• 2-6 times higher levels of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids than grain-fed beef.
• 2-3 times the amount of Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) than grain-fed beef.
• Up to 4 times more heart disease-fighting antioxidant vitamins (such as vitamin E) than grain-fed beef. (4)
It shouldn’t be too surprising that an animal whose diet is exactly the way nature intended is healthier for you than the animal that was fed a diet specifically meant to add fat in the shortest amount of time possible. For example, one lean 100% grass-fed & finished strip steak (214 grams) contains about:
Daily Value (DV) is based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
• 250 calories (12.5% DV)
• 49.4 grams protein (99% DV)
• 5.8 grams fat (9% DV)
• 14.3 milligrams niacin (72% DV)
• 1.4 milligrams vitamin B6 (70% DV)
• 45.1 micrograms selenium (64% DV)
• 7.7 milligrams zinc (52% DV)
• 454 milligrams phosphorus (45% DV)
• 2.7 micrograms vitamin B12 (45% DV)
• 4 milligrams iron (22% DV)
• 732 milligrams potassium (21% DV)
• 1.5 milligrams pantothenic acid (15% DV)
• 49.2 milligrams magnesium (12% DV)
• 0.1 milligram thiamin (7% DV)
• 27.8 micrograms folate (7% DV)
• 0.1 milligram copper (7% DV) (6)
(1) Price, Annie. “6 Grass-Fed Beef Nutrition Benefits That May Surprise You.” Dr. Axe, 6 Mar. 2020, draxe.com/nutrition/grass-fed-beef-nutrition/
(2) Gunnars, Kris. “Grass-Fed Vs. Grain-Fed Beef, What’s the Difference?” Healthline, 4 Dec, 2019, healthline.com/nutrition/grass-fed-vs-grain-fed-beef
(3) Sass, Cynthia. “Is Grass-Fed Beef Really Healthier? Here’s Everything You Need to Know.” Health, 23 Aug, 2016, health.com/nutrition/grass-fed-beef-tips
(4) Mac, Lorenz. “The 7 Benefits of Grass Fed Beef: The Nutritional Powerhouse.” PerfectKeto, 27 Feb, 2020, perfectketo.com/benefits-of-grass-fed-beef/
(5) Provenza, Frederick. Kronberg, Scott. Gregorini, Pablo. “Is Grassfed Meat and Dairy Better for Human and Environmental Health?” NCBI, 19 Mar, 2019, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6434678/
(6) Smith, Stephen. “Ground Beef From Grass-Fed and Grain-Fed Cattle: Does it Matter?” TAMU, 7 Dec, 2013, animalscience.tamu.edu/2013/12/07/ground-beef-from-grass-fed-and-grain-fed-cattle-does-it-matter/
- Oreganic Beef Co. steaks, roasts, and ground beef are vacuum-sealed in airtight packaging and then individually quick frozen to ensure you’re receiving a product of the highest possible quality.
- Our products ship in an innovative new insulated container that uses efficient and sustainable materials. The entire container is curbside recyclable. Upon delivery, it is the customers’ responsibility to move the product from our containers into a refrigerator or freezer. (Use product within 7 days of refrigeration.)
- Oreganic Beef Co. products are packed to stay frozen until 5:00 PM on the date of delivery—after that it is the customer’s responsibility to make sure the perishable items are moved to a refrigerator or freezer in a timely manner. (Use product within 7 days of refrigeration.)
- It is very common for the dry ice to have dissipated upon arrival, as long as your product is cold to the touch, the quality has not been diminished.
Eligible States for Standard U.S Shipping
Now offering nationwide delivery!
Live Rate Shipping
- Nationwide delivery via UPS
- Shipments go out on Tuesday of every week.
- Orders must be placed before 5:00 AM(PST) on Tuesday, in order to be included in the weekly shipment (every Tuesday).
- You will receive an email with a tracking number within 24 hours of your package being shipped.
- Orders are processed immediately. Please verify all items in your cart are correct, your billing/shipping addresses are valid, and confirm our shipping deadlines prior to placing your order, as changes cannot be made once an order is placed.
- In rare instances, we may be able to edit an order(s) if contacted immediately after being placed.
- It is very common for the dry ice to have dissipated upon arrival. As long as the product is cold to the touch, the quality has not been diminished. Simply place the product in your freezer or refrigerator (use product within 7 days when refrigerated).
- Please contact our firstname.lastname@example.org if you have special shipping instructions or questions about items prior to placing an order.
- Orders placed with comments or requests are noted on order. We try to accommodate most requests, please contact email@example.com team with any questions.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if you experience any issues with your order to receive prompt reimbursement.
- Oreganic Beef Co. now offers nationwide delivery.
- Orders are shipped on Tuesdays only, and take 1-3 days for delivery.
- Orders placed with special instructions or requested will be noted on order, UPS may not be able to follow through with some requests.
- Orders are shipped using UPS.
- You will receive an email with tracking information within 24 hours after your order ships.
- Please track your UPS shipment and alert any gift recipients that a perishable gift is on its way.
- Because orders are processed immediately, we cannot cancel nor make changes to incorrect addresses or zip codes.
- If you find an error with your shipping address, contact UPS once you receive your shipping confirmation email.
- Shipments may experience an additional day in transit during Holiday weeks due to increased volume at UPS.
- Deliveries are driver release. This means packages are left without a signature.
- Business Deliveries: UPS will not leave packages outside of a closed business.
- Oreganic Beef Co. is not responsible for delays due to a closed business, incorrect or incomplete addresses, or if delivery is changed via UPS MyChoice.
- P.O. Box or APO addresses are not accepted.
- Holidays, weather, and other circumstances may affect delivery schedule.